Fruits and vegetables greatly help to keep the human body moving smoothly. In that sense, the medical world agrees that Apple is a good ‘snack’. Let’s see the Health Benefits of Apple and what is in the background of the sentence “An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away” …
Apple tree originate about 4,000 years ago in the Middle East. The Apple is made up of more than 250 air-soluble esters, 4 alcohols; aldehydes and essential oil from which it gets its flavorful fragrance. Apple gets its fair red color from the elements present in it, like chlorophyll, carotenoids and anthocyanins. The sweetness and bitterness of the apple depends on the combination of sugar and malic acid.
Constituents in Apples
The average medium size apple has 40 calories. It does not contain cholesterol or any other fatty substances. It contains five percent of potassium, seven percent of carbohydrates, 20 percent of fiber, two percent of vitamin A, eight percent of vitamin C and two percent of iron.
Health Benefits of Apple
The pectin in apples helps to remove toxins from the body. Pectin has the power to control the level of cholesterol in the body and prevent many heart problems that may occur. Fiber, helps to control the level of cholesterol in the blood.
Those who consume Apples regularly do not suffer from headaches and other tension related problems. The flavonoids present in apples are used as a good medicine for cancer and other heart diseases. Regular consumption of apples helps in preventing colds, coughs and other upper respiratory tract infections. Due to its mild acidity, apples are easily digested in the stomach of children.
Some more Amazing information about Apple …
- Apple is a plant belonging to the family of Rose (Family: Rosaceae).
- The type of liquor obtained from apple juice is called as ‘cider’.
- The scientific study of apples and apple cultivation is called as “Pomology”.
- Apples float in water. The reason is that 25 percent of the capacity of an apple is made of water.
- Europeans eat more apples than other natives.
- If you want to preserve apples for a long time, it is always a good idea to keep them inside the fridge. Apple is in good condition for long days in the cold.