Just as mangoes are available in summer, avocados are also available from April to December. Despite its green appearance, avocado is actually a fruit. Health benefits of Avocado are many.
Let’s know its few of the many health benefits of avocado …
* Produced mostly in Mexico, Caribbean and South America. Introduced to India from Sri Lanka in the late 20th century. Cultivated to a lesser extent in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka and the Himalayas.
* It ripens only after harvest, even though it matures on the tree.
* Avocado contains 75 percent insoluble fiber and 25 percent soluble fiber.
* Avocado is high in monounsaturated fatty acids which helps increase good cholesterol and reduce bad cholesterol.
* Avocado is high in folate, which is essential for our cells and tissues.
* Avocado contains vitamin K, which is necessary for bone health and blood clotting. Similarly, it contains potassium which is good for controlling blood pressure and proper functioning of the heart.
* Avocado is also very good for diabetes as it contains very little sugar and starch. Avocado plays a major role on the list of very low sugar foods.
* We get the full nutrition benefits of this fruit only if we buy and consume the fruits which are not too hard and not too soft.
Also Read || Health Benefits of Apple | Apple Home Remedies, Medicinal Uses & Facts that you never knew!
It is noted that, some people are allergic to Avocado after eating it, such as symptoms in the mouth and throat, rashes in the body, vomiting, abdominal pain etc.