Usually we use chemical powders to kill the ants that are found in our house, garden and plants. But using them often, makes the chemicals go without any use. So it is better to repel ants with natural materials that are found in our house as much as possible. Are you searching for Natural Ant Repellents and Natural Ways to Get Rid of Ants? Here are some of the best ways to get rid of ants in the house quickly.
Some Facts about Ants
- There are about 12,000 species of ants in the world.
- Ants live in large groups which are called as colonies.
- Each ant colony has one queen.
- An ant can lift an object that is 20 times its body weight.
1. How to get rid of ants in the kitchen using Cucumber
Cucumber is very helpful in killing ants. Cucumbers can be cut into small pieces or grated and put them in places where the ants come which prevents the ants from infesting the area.
2. Homemade ant repellent using Pudina
Dry the mint plant (புதினா / Pudina) and powder it and spray it on the window sills, doors and holes in the corners of the house to prevent ants from coming.
Natural Ant Repellents
3. Mix equal quantity of sugar with baking soda and sprinkle it on the place where there are ants. This will cause the ants to eat it and die.
4. Putting a few cloves in the sugar jar will prevent the ants from coming into the sugar jar.
5. Cinnamon is said to kill ants. Just sprinkle some Cinnamon powder in the places where ants are roaming. It just kills them. You can also spray Cinnamon oil mixed in water to get good results.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Ants
6. Crush some garlic and place it in the place where the ants are, in an instant all the ants will magically disappear.
7. Sprinkle black pepper powder in areas where ants appears and this will prevent ants from coming there.
8. If you sprinkle some lemon juice on the place where there are ants, the ants will go away. Also, when cleaning the house, wipe the floor with water mixed with lemon juice to prevent ants from coming.
Also Read || Are Animal senses better than those of humans?
Always keep your home clean. Don’t let any food stuffs on the floor or anywhere. Also wipe the floor with water adding some lemon juice. These are the basic tips to prevent ant from coming to the home.